You can turn to car insurance for scratched cars
Your beloved car is the victim of a vandal, because the car suddenly has scratches. You have not seen who did it and unfortunately your neighbors did not either. What now?
Covering your car insurance is important in this issue. An all-risk or fully comprehensive insurance will compensate for the damage caused by vandals. Examples of vandalism damage are: scratches, punctured tires, kicking off a mirror, walking on a car. Malicious damage by others (ie vandalism) has consequences for your bonus / malus arrangement. With most car insurers you fall back on the ladder. The relapse varies by insurer. With a limited airframe insurance, vandalism is generally not covered.
Are the scratches caused by a motor vehicle? Then you can go to the Good Finance. You must then take a number of actions. You must try to find the perpetrator by, for example, neighborhood investigations, advertisements, witnesses, photos or a police report. You have 14 days (max.) For that. You do have 3 years to submit the damage to the fund.
Where to submit damage?
- Guarantee Fund If the damage was caused by a motor vehicle, you can go to the Guarantee Fund.
- Car insurance If the damage was not caused by a motor vehicle, you can submit the damage to your car insurance (only with full hull or all-risk coverage).
- Paying yourself You must pay for the damage yourself if you cannot go to the Guarantee Fund or to your car insurance.
Of course you would have preferred to avoid that scratch. We have therefore looked up a number of tips for you. Of course, it gives no guarantees, but you can certainly take it into account.
- Park under a lamp post.
- Park as close to houses as possible.
- Fold in the exterior mirrors.
- Use an alarm system.
- Park your car in a garage.
Looking for car insurance that covers vandalism? Find the best all-risk car insurance.
Compare all-risk car insurance